This year, I am trying to streamline some caseload management processes into a digital format. What I love about using a Google Form for speech referrals is that you can view and share information digitally. This means fewer piles of paper to organize, and that I can store the info digitally and then can print out the referral information if needed.
Why I love using a Google Form for speech referrals
There are some tasks for which I prefer to use pen and paper, but using a Google Form for speech referrals is one tool I am very glad to have in my belt. Here are a few reasons why I love using Google Forms:
- Once you’ve created your Google Form with your speech referral process, you can email it to your entire staff with one quick click!
- Sometimes my staff needs a reminder about my process. Instead of writing out new emails with the same answers, I have been able to automate this process. I can just re-send the referral process to teachers.
- I have fewer piles of paper. I can store information digitally and print referrals only when I need to (or not at all)!
- I can access the information no matter where I am. If I need to access the information to help me plan for the week, I always can.
- Teachers can send me their referrals for students using Google Forms. They can easily check off sound errors and answer questions about their student’s communication.
- I have a paper trail for when someone sent me a referral. I don’t have to worry about losing the referral form because it is all digitally stored.
How to access and use my Google Form for speech referrals
One of the great features of google docs and forms is that you can share them with people! So, you can access the google docs and forms that I have already created.
ACCESS THE GOOGLE SPEECH REFERRAL FORM TEMPLATE HERE
This will show in view only, so you’ll need to save it to your drive first. To do this, go to File –> Make a Copy –> then save it to your drive! This will allow you to edit the file as you need for your own caseload.
If you hit request access, it will send me an email and I will not be able to respond to requests. If you follow the method above, you will get access and be able to edit for your own use.
Have you made any speech therapy Google Forms? I would love to add some digital forms and docs to my stash. It’s saved me so much time and helps me communicate effectively while completing all my necessary tasks.