1. I am the oldest sibling of three children. Yes, I was the experiment.
2. I am a curious person. When I was 18 months old, I stuck raisins up my nose and had to go to the doctor to have them extracted.
3. I have been knitting since I was 18 years old. Yes, an old soul at heart. I usually knit in the winter with a warm beverage by my side.
4. In college, I played on the Rugby team for two years. I played the lock position in the scrum.
5. In high school, I drove a white and brown station wagon. It was quite the ride when packed with 7 females. Guy magnet!!
6. I once met Matthew Perry from friends during a red carpet event. I took a picture with him and everyone!! Let’s just say, I have connections.
7. Sometimes I cuss. I may have taught my now 7 year old the word “shit” when he was 3. #shithappens #notaproudmoment #godsgracecoversme
8. Sometimes I talk to myself in the car. When I have a big IEP meeting or am presenting, I practice what I am going to say, so I don’t sound like a ding dong!!
9. I am a cake lover! Any kind, any time.
10. Closet worry wart here. I tend to worry about things, but don’t always show it outwardly. It’s something I work on a lot. My favorite bible verse is Philippians 4:8-9. “Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.” My Monday’s Motto blog post, When I am overwhelmed sheds some insight about this!
11. According to my five year old niece, I am “really good with makeup”. I do love make up! Ever since I was a little girl, I loved watching my Aunts get “beautified”.
12. I was named after one of my 7 Aunts. My mom has 10 brothers and sisters. From the top……Gaye, Melody, Lark (mom), Ricky, Jolly, Miguel, Alfonso, Delight, Sunni, Happy, Robin. They are crazy good fun.
13. I played a LOT of sports as a child. My three main sports were tennis, soccer and softball.
14. The beach is a place of solace for me. I feel very connected with God when I am able to go there.
15. I have a love/hate relationship with exercise. I hate doing crazy, hard workouts, but love how I feel after I do them. My favorite types of workouts are when there is some sort of purpose…like chasing or hitting a ball.
16. In college, I took ballroom dancing classes every semester. It was so fun!
17. I often quote song lyrics to describe circumstances in my life. I have even written blog posts about songs SLPs should sing at work!
18. If I wasn’t an SLP, I think I would want to be an event coordinator. My senior year in high school, I was the rally commissioner with my girl Benicia. We were pretty top notch with planning fun school rallies!
19. My husband is a hair stylist. Let’s just get this straight….no, he does not do my hair everyday (I am a big girl and can do it myself). Although, for special occasions, he “beautifies” me. Most often, he does my hair from home because we don’t want to pay for childcare, so I can go in the salon lol.
20. My son Riley, 9 and daughter Hanna, 5, know all about my blog. Hanna tells people that her mom is a “speech papologist” and Riley helps me brainstorm new blog ideas! He often says “your speech therapy kids will love this”!
Well, there ya have it! Hope this was fun to read. I am a little bit of everything. Here is a picture of my family a couple of years ago hanging at the beach. Just for fun……which Which SLP personality was I in graduate school?