Claudia Doan from creative Speech Lab joins Felice today to talk about building trust with students. In this episode, Claudia will share how she uses music, stories, cooking, and even theater to build rapport. Finding a way to connect with them through things they are interested in is an important part of building trust.
in this episode:
- Virtual Calm Down Corner – Claudia’s own check-in where students can share how they’re feeling.
- How Claudia created a special version of Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs for Educators and how it directly applies to our work with students.
- Why Consistency & Predictability are important key factors in building trust.
Where you can find Claudia
Distance Learning Calm Down Corner Digital Material: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Distance-Learning-Virtual-Calm-Down-Corner-5224677
Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs Free Printable: https://creativespeechlab.com/2021/01/13/maslow-in-the-speech-room/
Speech Retreat coming up Soon!!
The following learning objectives will be met at this workshop:
- Learn how to create versatile therapy materials/activities that target a variety of goals.
- List the benefits of hands-on, interactive therapy activities.
- Learn time-saving tips to better manage their school-based caseloads.
- Construct a plan to have a less stressful school year.
- Pick the brains of some of the awesomest four SLPs ever.
Connect with Felice